Friday, July 8, 2011

Strawberry Sorbet



Today was a good day. Any day where you get to eat ice cream is a good day. Sorbet is the same. A friend of mine sent me a food link to a strawberry shortcake ice cream sandwich. While I stood salivating over my laptop, a thought occurred. Make some! I decided on strawberry sorbet because it's all of 3 ingredients and SO easy to make and SO delicious. Hope you try and make some, and if you do, comment on its otherworldliness.

Ingredient List:
~2 pounds strawberries, hulled (I use 2 rectangular boxes)
2-3 lemons, 1 seeded and chopped (just the inside) and the others juiced
2 c sugar


Place the chopped lemon and sugar in a food processor and pulse until combined. Put in bowl. Should look like this:
Puree the strawberries in the food processor, adding the lemon mixture and the lemon juice a little at a time. The taste of the strawberry should come through strong. Pulse.

Before & After


Add mixture in your ice cream maker and churn until frozen. I put mine in the freezer overnight and then 
used the leftover lemon skins as decoration/sorbet holder. THIS IS DELICIOUS. 

*click on "hulled" for video on how to hull a strawberry properly. Also, if you're looking for a really great ice cream maker, look no further than to the one I have. Click on the link above. Cuisinart is a really great brand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment