Thursday, July 21, 2011

Spinach and Strawberry Salad

I know the combo sounds weird but I'm on day 2 of this salad, and let me tell you something- it is divine! I never would have thought to pair the two, but for years I've been hearing about this salad, so I decided to mix the two and see how I feel post-consumption. Result? Well, like I said, it's day 2 and I want it again! Will probably make some tomorrow as well. The spinach has this nice peppery taste to it and the strawberries are so sweet. I also made a delicious dressing, that is the perfect mixture of sweetness and acidity. Try it out and let me know much you loved it.

Ingredients:
1 package of baby spinach
1 pint of strawberries, hulled and quartered
1/3c sliced almonds, toasted (I used almonds because that's what I had on hand, but feel free to use pecans, walnuts, any nut!)

for the dressing:
2T white wine vinegar
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/4c sugar
1T vegetable oil
Toss all salad ingredients together. In another bowl, whisk together white wine vinegar, lemon juice and sugar. Add oil slowly and whisk rapidly. You can make this ahead and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment