Tuesday, July 5, 2011

It's Chili Timmmmmeeee!

Since yesterday couldn't decide if it wanted to be sunny or overcast, I decided that I'd make a run for the sun when it came out, and cook some delicious chili when the sun was hiding. After looking at many different reviews on foodnetwork.com, I settled on Emeril's "Vegetarian Chili." It was good. SO good we had some today for dinner.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/vegetarian-chili-recipe/index.html

I'm not going to list ingredients or instructions because it's on their website, but will post some pretty pics.  ;)

I didn't have a zucchini, so I used a cucumber.
*a word of advice: if you used canned beans, great! If, like me, you bought the kind in the plastic, and you soaked them overnight BUT forgot to cook them before you added them...just keep on cooking! Seriously, I let the chili cook for a while, and I even added some more stock and let it simmer on the stove.






* in order to peel the tomatoes fast- dump them for 30 seconds in a pot of boiling water. Using a slotted spoon, remove, and then run them under some cool water. You'll be able to peel the skins off in no time!








* gloves for the hot pepper chopping--necessary, but I can't get them on! (I won't mention the finger-that-had-pepper juice-in-the-eye incident)










* chopped goodies












* simmer away!












* the end result? Add a couple of dollops of sour cream and some sliced avocado- yummy!

1 comment: