Monday, July 4, 2011

Falling in Love Chocolate Mousse Pie

I was too lazy to post this last night, so early AM it is. Time warner was showing the movie "Waitress" back-to-back and it's a great movie, especially the opening sequence. It's all pies, and every time I see this movie, I want to bake pies! But how to pick which one to do? Well, it was as easy as "what do I have in my pantry?" So I chose "Falling in Love Chocolate Mousse Pie." It sounds decadent and delicious and it looks great in the movie.

Ingredient List:
9-inch baked pastry shell
2/3c. water
1- 14oz. can condensed milk
1- (4 serving) pkg. chocolate pudding mix (not instant)
1- 1oz. square unsweetened chocolate
2c (1 pt.) whipping cream, stiffly whipped
(Cast of Characters) *




In a large saucepan, combine water, condensed milk and chocolate pudding mix. Mix well. Over medium-hi heat, add chocolate and stir frequently so chocolate melts and does not stick.

Mixture should thicken. Remove from heat and beat until smooth.

Let it cool, and then chill thoroughly (you can put in fridge.) Fold in the whipped cream. Pour into pastry shell. Put in fridge to chill for about 4 hours. Serve!
*My fam couldn't wait, since we're all dessert monsters so here's a pic of the slice I got to eat. ;)
*Btw- the pic shows butter- you don't need any! I just got trigger happy- oops!



No comments:

Post a Comment